Wednesday, October 8, 2008

All about me

Having a job that I love going to everyday and where I can make a difference are both very important to me. My husband Matt is a fire fighter, which is something he is very passionate about. It is a job he looks forward to everyday. I feel that I have found a new career with teaching, where I can feel the same way.

I graduated from Kansas State in 2005 with a BS in Public Relations. Upon graduation, I got married and started looking for a job in the PR field. After several jobs in a corporate setting, I had a change of heart and decided to go back to school for teaching. I have always enjoyed working with kids, but never thought I would make a career out of it until I began substitute teaching for USD 501 in Topeka, Kansas. Through my substituting experiences, I saw the power and impact a teacher can have on each student.

I am an avid K-State fan and love to watch sports, especially when the ‘Cats’ are playing. I am originally from Fort Worth, Texas but followed in my parent’s foot steps to K-State, where I met my husband. I have a younger sister who will also graduate this May in advertising. Matt and I lived in Kansas City through September 2008 until he accepted a job with the Fort Worth Fire Department. I am excited to be moving back home and eventually teaching in my home state.

As I finish my last semester of classes on campus and anticipate a semester of student teaching, I am eager about what lies ahead of me over the next year. I am anxious to absorb as much information as I possibly can before obtaining my own classroom next fall. I enter this endeavor knowing that teaching is an ever-evolving profession which fosters a lifetime of learning.

No comments: